Welcome to the Gladwyne Elementary
Home and School Association (HSA) Website!
The HSA is a volunteer organization made up of parents and teachers who pool their talents to provide support for our school. This site is your one stop shop for all Gladwyne HSA and upcoming GES event information.
Now that you have registered an account, please click on the navigation bar and/or scroll down to access important information, such as upcoming events, current fundraisers, Directory access, GES school spirit wear, homeroom parent messages, and much more.
The end of year picnic was a blast! There was dancing, face painting, basketball, kickball, football, gymnastics, and so much more! Thank you to all the volunteers who helped out. Special thanks to Ann Marie Harriger and Meredith Earle for organizing.
We also raised $230 for Cal's Cupcakes (The Calliope Joy Foundation). Thank you to everyone that donated/purchased cupcakes!
Thank you, Kona Ice, for donating a percentage of sales at the picnic to our HSA. We made $470!
- Gladwyne Gazette Co-Editors for the 2023-24 School Year - We are looking for 2 co-editors to share the job (one week on, one week off). The current editors will train you how to use the software! Good attention to detail and writing skills are helpful. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
If you are interested in any of these positions or have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Communication Co-Chair (need 1 more): oversee any problems with the HSA Website/ Gazette/ Directory, answer questions or provide direction to others using Membership Toolkit, and help to coordinate communications efforts for events throughout the year.
- School Life (2 needed): selection of Homeroom Parents, serve as liaison between HSA and Homeroom Parents, work with class parents on the Fall and Valentines Day Parties.
- Nutrition and Wellness (1-2 needed): attend monthly LMSD zoom meetings to discuss district nutrition and wellness updates, voice concerns of parents and get feedback, plan and facilitate the Apple Crunch event (a campaign to promote healthier snacking ) in the fall, and Go for Greens in the spring (a campaign to promote choosing a green veggie).
- Mini Grant Program (1 needed): keep track of mini-grant applications (teachers who have specific needs for their classroom) and distribute money accordingly.
- Art Goes to School (1 needed): help run the Art Goes to School program (recruit other volunteers, attend training in the fall, and then teach the art to students at Gladwyne in the spring).
- *Community Relations (2 needed): oversee various community-driven events throughout the school year such as Coat/Hat/Mitten drive, MLK Day of Service, Red Cross Blood Drive, Cultural Heritage Night, ISC Liaison, ISC Art Show.
- *Fundraising (2 needed): oversee fundraising efforts throughout the year such as Skirt for School, pizza/cookie kits, and the Auction.
* these are the head of that committee; there are sub-committees under them that run the individual events.
The GES Directory will be unavailable beginning in August!
Each year, the online school directory is unavailable beginning in August until some time in September when the new school year's directory is published. If you will need any information from the directory in August or September (think birthday party invites, etc.), please plan ahead and copy/print what you need.
2023-2024 Registration Open
Click for more details.
REMINDER TO PARENTS:
GET THOSE VOLUNTEER CLEARANCES!
If you would like to start or continue volunteering during the 2022-2023 school year, please make sure you have up-to-date clearances on file with Lower Merion School District. For current volunteers, the Raptor System will send an email to alert parents when their clearances are expiring soon. All the information about obtaining and submitting clearances is on the district website located here. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of School and Community Relations at 610-645-1977.
Technology Resources for Families of Elementary Students
Children are playing and communicating electronically in ways we could not have imagined just a few years ago. It can be hard for parents to keep up. But monitoring our children’s technology use can be helpful in guiding and supporting them when challenges come up in their digital world.
Please CLICK HERE to review this document for up to date information about internet safety, tech-savvy parenting, and curricular resources.
LMSD Text Messaging
To make it easier for all families to access District communications as conveniently as possible, LMSD plans to start adding text messaging to our School Messenger system. Click here for instructions
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Registration
Complete the online application: www.lmsd.org/register
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-658-3996 for assistance.
Carline Pick Up Card
Simply print the names of all students being picked up on a piece of paper. Then display in window when in carline.
Use the following format:
Last Name, First Name
Teacher and Grade
Gladwyne Absence Form
Add Money For Meals
View Breakfast & Lunch Menu
LMSD Scholarship Fund
- Friday, June 2
- Monday, June 12
- Tuesday, June 13
- Wednesday, June 14
- Thursday, June 15
Support our school HSA which gives back to our school and kids
Another way to support GES is Elementary Connections! Find Amazing Camps, Exciting Classes, Fun Activities and More!
Use the Box Tops App to scan your receipt. The app will find participating products purchased at any store and instantly add cash to our HSA earnings. Visit our fundraising page HERE to watch a video on how easy it is to scan your box tops!
Please take a moment to support Gladwyne Elementary School and our students when you fill Rx at Rite Aid! Even if you fill one prescription it will help us raise funds.
Why join the HSA?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
LM Aces K-5 Virtual Tutoring/Homework Help
To register your child(ren), click here!
Questions? Contact K5VirtualTutors@lmsd.
For all swimmers and divers ages 5-18 years old (developmental to competitive skill)